Add this page to your book
Remove this page from your book
Start Course OpenCV
The following set of 7 tutorials shows the basic of OpenCV functions that can be useful on Vision Based Control. The best way to get familiarized with the language and the program is to type the tutorial's code by yourself and change the annotations by your annotations. This way you get used to the function syntax and how the code flows. OpenCV has a lot of functions to be used on Computer Vision Algorithms , always try to google your question first before start trying to code all by hand ( There is a lot of functions that substitute several lines of code ).
These tutorials will be the basis to understand the Vision Control mechanism to be implemented on the MM-UAV project (Peg-In-Hole task).
- Learn the language to open,re-size and display an image / video.
- Learn how to convert an image/video from colored to gray scaled and HSV.
- Learn how to access a specific pixel.
- Learn how to read the RGB values and the position of a specific pixel in an image
- Learn how to detect a circle in an image/video using an OpenCV function.
- Learn how to detect and draw edges and contours in an image/video using OpenCV functions.
- Learn how to apply color threshold to an image/video to filter objects by its color.
- Lear how to apply thresholding together with object tracking algorithm to track an object by its contour.
- Lear how to apply thresholding together with object tracking algorithm to track an object by its mass center using image moments.