This wiki page will have the updates of research related to the Darwin-op Door opening tasks.
Designing different types of doors in DRC-Simulator.
The following video shows different types of doors modeled on the DRC-Simulator, There are 3 types of doors here :
Each door has two types of mechanisms i.e. simple doors without friction and doors that close by themselves.
1) Autonomous Door Opening and Plugging In with a Personal Robot http://dasl.mem.drexel.edu/wiki/images/9/9f/Autonomous_Door_Opening_and_Plugging_In_with_a_Personal_Robot.pdf
2) CHOMP Gradient optimization Technique for Efficient motion Planning http://dasl.mem.drexel.edu/wiki/images/9/9f/CHOMP_Gradient_optimization_Technique_for_Efficient_motion_Planning.pdf
3) Manipulation Planning with Goal Sets using Constrained Trajectory Optimization http://dasl.mem.drexel.edu/wiki/images/c/c0/Manipulation_Planning_with_Goal_Sets_using_Constrained_Trajectory_Optimization.pdf]
4) Probabilistic Roadmaps for Path Planning in High-Dimensional Configuration Spaces http://dasl.mem.drexel.edu/wiki/images/8/84/Probabilistic_Roadmaps_for_Path_Planning_in_High-Dimensional_Configuration_Spaces.pdf
5) Whole-body motion of a Humanoid robot for passing through a door http://dasl.mem.drexel.edu/wiki/images/3/37/Whole-body_motion_of_a_Humanoid_robot_for_passing_through_a_door.pdf
Summary of Continuous Trajectory Optimization for Autonomous Humanoid Door Opening http://dasl.mem.drexel.edu/wiki/images/d/d4/Door_Opening.pdf